Sunday 19 July 2009

Butterflies Ruby Wedding Anniversary Card

Ruby Wedding Anniversary cards are like buses for me - I don't make a Ruby Wedding Anniversary card in over a year and then 3 come along at once! This is for our friends Jan & Alan.

The card was made with SU! Ruby Red CS and measures 5 3/4" square but I cut 1 1/2" off the right hand side of the card front. I used Bittersweet decorative papers from Basic Grey. I then got busy with my corner rounder punch. The stamp is Heart Winged Butterfly from Hero Arts, I thought it was perfect for an anniversary card and Jan loves butterflies! I stamped it in SU! Chocolate Chip ink on two different coloured papers and cut both out - minus the antennas. I've scored lines either side of the bodies so I can fold the wings up. Rhinestone Stickles add some sparkle on the wings.

I printed the sentiment from the PC using the RGB codes for SU! Ruby Red and the Formal436 BT font. I've knotted some embroidery silk through the heart shaped red button next to the sentiment. To finish the front, I added candy dots on the image panel.



I used my QuicKutz heart die to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope. I added some punched flowers with crystal centres to the inside. Tiny crystal hearts have been added to all the die cut heart shapes.

I do hope Jan & Alan like it!




Supplies:
Stamps: Heart Winged Butterfly by Hero Arts, sentiment on the inside of the card is by Stampendous
CS: SU! Ruby Red
Paper: Various papers from the Basic Grey Bittersweet 6" x 6" pad, white printer paper for insert
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip & Ruby Red
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, Corner Rounder punch, QuicKutz heart die, EK Success small flower punch
Embellishments & accessories: Rhinestone Stickles, red heart shaped button, embroidery silk, clear self adhesive round & heart shaped gems, Pebbles Inc. Chocolate Candy Dots, glue dots

Photobucket

3 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Ruth this is beautiful. How could they not LOVE it. Such a sweet design. Thanks for sharing.

Ruth M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amraselensar said...

A beautiful card with such lovely colours

01 09 10