Monday 4 August 2014

Cantaloupe & Coral Peaceful Petals Thank You Card, Envelope & Gift Tag

Our neighbour and good friend Kath looked after our cat Tingha while we were away in Dorset and we bought her a gift to say thank you.  I thought it would be a nice idea to make a thank you card, an envelope plus a matching tag to go on the gift.

My crafty buddy Angela has loaned me her SU! Peaceful Petals stamp set and that struck me as a  great choice for this ensemble.  While poring over the new annual SU! catalogue and looking at blogs and Pinterest recently I've noticed a couple of trends.  Diagonal layout designs and scatterings of sequins seem to be popular and I kept those ideas in mind while creating this project.  Here's a photo showing the card, envelope and tag all together.   


As well as using the Peaceful Petals set I used my new SU! Bordering Blooms set which is fab!  I stamped the flowers and leaves onto watercolour paper, coloured with Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz and Basic Gray inks and a water brush and fussy cut the images.  I cut a tad off the side of the square card base so that the sentiment banner could extend beyond the edge.  I rounded two corners, tied Crisp Cantaloupe thick twine around the spine, added flower elements from the Bordering Blooms set, popped up the flower and leaves and finished the front by scattering on some gold sequins.   


 Here's how I decorated the inside of the card.


 The envelope punch board makes rustling up a patterned paper envelope so quick and easy!  I simply added a name label to the front.  I die cut a rounded tag, stamped the sentiment, popped up the flower and leaves, scattered a few sequins and added the twine.  I wrapped the gift in white tissue paper with a Cantaloupe twine bow and attached the tag to the bow.  I meant to take a photo of the gift before delivering it but completely forgot about it until after I'd got back home from Kath's! 



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Petals', 'Bordering Blooms', & 'Simply Sketched' sets, sentiment on tag from Woodware 'Going to Seed' clear set
CS: PaperMania white square card blank, SU! Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral & Pear Pizzazz, watercolour paper

Patterned paper: SU! 'Sweet Sorbet' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz & Basic Gray
Tools: MFT Die-Namics 'Fishtail Flags Stax' die, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, SU! 3/4" circle punch, tiny flower punch from SU! 'Itty Bitty Shapes' punch pack, SU! Envelope punch board, label Framelits dies from Sizzix Big Shot starter kit bundle, Sizzix 'Tags, Rounded' Framelits die, 1/8" handheld circle punch, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: gold sequins, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals



 photo RoseRuth.gif



No comments:

01 09 10