Monday 4 November 2013

Snowman Jolly Christmas Card - HOC Nov Colour/Photo Challenge

Throughout November at House of Cards we are asking you to be inspired by this photo and/or the colours.  This week we want to see CUTE & FUN style cards.

color nature 

An unusual colour palette for a Christmas card but that's what I went for anyway!   I was searching my digi files looking for something else entirely when I came across this adorable snowman image created by Torico at Birdie Brown.  I promptly abandoned what I was working on and decided it was perfect for my HOC Cute & Fun challenge card so I worked on that instead.  I'd downloaded this 'Snowy Day' image ages ago but never used it - it's a fabulous freebie and can be found HERE

I enlarged the image (it measures approx. 4 1/2" square), printed it twice and added colour with artists coloured pencils.  I added Stickles to the falling snow, the snow bank and to the snowman's nose and added Glossy Accents to the buttons.  When everything was dry I adhered the image to black and Pumpkin Pie mat layers which I glued to the front of a 5 1/4" white square card base.  I fussy cut the snowman and popped him up.  I stamped the sentiment and speech bubble, fussy cut that and also popped that up to complete the card front. 


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope front.


You can be inspired by the photo itself, or just by the colours like I was, or be inspired by both - just remember that this time we're asking for CUTE & FUN style cards and you must use at least three of the colours from the prompt picture.  I do hope you'll join in with this week's House of Cards challenge, I'd love to come and see what you create - everyone is welcome at our House!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Birdie Brown 'Snowy Day' digi image, Hero Arts 'Jolly Christmas' & 'Very Merry Christmas' clear sets, 'Snowflakes' Rollagraph stamp, SU! 'Snowflakes' set
CS:  PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black,  SU! Pumpkin Pie & Pear Pizzazz
Tools:  1 1/2" & 1 3/4" circle punches
Embellishments & accessories:  Artists coloured pencils, Star Dust & Orange Peel Stickles,  Ranger Glossy Accents, Dimensionals


 photo ruthspiralcat.gif 

4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

I have this digi, too, and he is darling!!! Your card is amazingly fabulous--I adore the speech bubble sentiment!!! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Pia S said...

What a fun card! Love the bubble with sentiment and it's such a cute image!

Danielle Vincent said...

This is so fun Ruth. I just got this digi myself and can't wait to use it. Hope I get a chance to play along this time - cute and fun is right up my alley. Thanks for the terrific inspiration. Hugs D

kelly said...

You're right very unusual chrimbo colours but you've really made them work! Such a great image!
Love Kelly xx

01 09 10