Saturday 23 November 2013

Snowflake Winter's Butterfly Card - 52 {C}CT Nov Technique Challenge

Louise has set a fab technique challenge for us at 52 {C}CT this week, the acrylic block technique.  You ink up an acrylic block, mist it with water and press the block onto CS - so easy and a great way to create a background.

 

I cut a panel of Whisper White CS and used three different sized acrylic blocks with Pool Party and Smoky Slate inks to create my background.   I stamped the snowflakes and the sentiment and popped up the central elements of the two larger snowflakes.  I layered the white panel onto a Pool Party mat, added the silver ribbon and bow and mounted onto a Bermuda Bay A6 card base.  I punched two silver foil snowflakes to go next to the sentiment and sprinkled on some aqua gems to complete the card front.

 

Here's the inside - I do love layered stamping! 


 A flurry of snowflakes decorates the front of the envelope. 


I hope you'll play along with us at 52 {C}CT this week and make a Christmas card using the fun technique, I'd love to see what you make!

Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! 'Festive Flurry' & 'Snowflakes' sets, Hero Arts 'Winter's Butterfly', Penny Black 'A Merry...', PaperMania 'At Christmas Time' clear set
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Pool Party & Whisper White, Silver Foil sheet
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate & Island Indigo
Tools:  SU! size A, B & D acrylic blocks, Fiskars Snowflake punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories:  SU! silver ribbon, PaperMania aqua gems, SU! Dimensionals


 photo DiamanteHeartsRuth.gif 


4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

I just adore the fabulous geometric feel of this card, Ruth! And I LOVE the fun sentiment!!! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi friend! LOVE the three blocks and the great colors you used. A very wonderful card (especially love the blue bling). Hugs D

Deborah Frings said...

Love the clean, cool, graphic look you've created with the blocks. The sentiment and snowflakes are just gorgeous!

Louise van Vuren said...

Oh my goodness, I am so late with my comments, it's next week already! Love the three sizes of block prints and the snowflakes are fabulous!Glad you had fun!

Louise xx

01 09 10