Saturday 9 November 2013

Snowflake Greetings Of The Season Card - 52 {C}CT Nov Colour Challenge

Louise has chosen a wonderful monochrome combo for November's 52 {C}CT Colour Challenge.  I've made many black and white cards but I've never made a black, white and grey card so I relished the chance to try a new combo - and I really like it!


On a recent visit to the Glitter Pot I saw the Sizzix 'Lace Pattern Card Front' Thinlits die and I fell in love with it immediately, I don't think anything has landed into my basket quicker!  I die cut the lace from black CS, cut a piece of grey and white patterned paper to go behind the lace and glued them together.  I adhered the lace panel to the front of a 5 1/4" square Smoky Slate card base, cutting off some of the lace panel from the left side.  I stamped a snowflake in VersaMark on black CS and heat embossed with Winter Wonderland embossing powder which is a mixture of white and silver.  I die cut the snowflake, popped it up on a white larger die cut snowflake and popped that up on the card.  I stamped a smaller snowflake in Smoky Slate ink, fussy cut just the centre part and glued it over the top and added a rhinestone to the centre.  I stamped the sentiment, die cut the fishtail flag banners, glued the black one flat but popped up the white banner.  I added a bling snowflake embellishment to finish off the front.


 Here's the inside and the envelope.  I'm always happy to make a snowflake themed card!



So that's what I made with the fab colour combo - now it's over to you!  I look forward to seeing your entries into this week's 52 {C}CT challenge and I hope you enjoy making your cards as much as I enjoyed making mine!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Festive Flurry' & 'Greetings of the Season' sets, Stampendous 'Snow Brackets'
CS: SU! Smoky Slate, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! 'Winter Frost' DSP
Ink:  VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Smoky Slate
Tools:  Sizzix 'Lace Pattern Card Front' Thinlits die, SU! 'Festive Flurry' Framelits dies, MFT 'Fishtail Flag Stax' dies, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: Stampendous Winter Wonderland embossing powder, Creative Expressions rhinestone snowflake, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo BlackCatRuth.gif 




7 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the patterned paper peeking out from the lace and that magnificent snowflake! As always, the inside and envelope are just as beautiful!!

Mynn xx said...

This is just gorgeous! LOVE the snowflake frame around the sentiment on the inside!!! Just absolutely beautiful!!! HUGS and have a great weekend! :) Mynn xx

kelly said...

what a beautifully stylish card, I'd like a christmas table decorated like this!
Kelly xx

Pia S said...

This set of card and envelope looks very stylish - what a great non-traditional color scheme for a Christmas card!

Louise van Vuren said...

This is a die-cutting triumph! Love that lace, and the snowflake (the stamped one inside is gorgeous too!) It's such a beautiful card, I LOVE it, glad you had fun

Louise xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh MY Ruth - you absolutely ROCKED this color challenge. That die cut panel is amazing with your gorgeous snowflake. Really wonderful dear lady!!! Hugs D

Patricia Hays said...

Your card is very festive and wintry! Terrific job with this color challenge!

01 09 10