Monday 18 November 2013

Poppies Birthday Greetings Card - HOC Nov Colour Challenge

During November we're running a colour challenge at HOC.  You can use the colours (use at least 3 please) or you can take inspiration from the photo.  This week we'd like to see CLASSIC & ELEGANT style cards.

color nature 

For my card I chose to be inspired by the poppies in the photo and I've used the pretty poppies stamp from the SU! Simply Sketched set.  I stamped the image onto watercolour paper using VersaFine black ink and coloured the stems with a Wild Wasabi marker.  For the flowers, I patted Pumpkin Pie and Real Red inks onto a ceramic tile and mixed them together with a waterbrush before colouring in.  I cut the image out with an Apothecary Accents label die, added the sentiment piece, fussy cut the flowers and popped them up.  I cut a larger Apothecary Accents label shape from Real Red CS, pierced around the shape using a template and attached the smaller label to it with brads.  I made a Wild Wasabi A6 card base, tied the ribbon around the card and adhered the strip of black CS.  I popped up the red label shape.


I stamped a sentiment on a white panel for inside the card and stamped and watercoloured poppies for inside and the envelope to finish off.   


I hope you'll join in with our HOC November colour challenge and make a pretty poppies card or use the colours and make any card you like - as long as it's in the CLASSIC & ELEGANT style.  I'd love to visit your blogs to see what you've created!  Everyone is welcome at our House!

Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! 'Simply Sketched' & 'Wetlands' sets, Hero Arts 'Yummy Treats' clear set
CS: SU! Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Pumpkin Pie, Real Red & Wild Wasabi
Tools: SU! Apothecary Accents Framelits dies, SU! Essentials paper piercing templates pack & paper piercing tool, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Real Red stitched grosgrain ribbon, Brad Bases & Wild Wasabi Candy Dots,  Dimensionals


 photo FlowerBoxRuth.gif

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

Great minds and all that...wait until Monday to see what I mean. ;) This is BEAUTIFUL, Ruth! The coloring and shading is fabulous and I adore the big sentiment on the inside! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! ;) Mynn xx

01 09 10