Saturday 12 October 2013

Sparkly Vellum Poinsettia Joyful Christmas Card - 52 {C}CT Oct Colour Challenge

It's time for a colour challenge at 52 {C}CT this week and Danielle, our October hostess, has switched things up by giving us two colours NOT to use!  So No Red and No Green on your Christmas cards this week.

 

I've opted for aquas, (Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana) white and silver for my card.  Danielle and I share a love of non traditional colour schemes for Christmas cards and I've loved using aquas, blues and white for quite a few Christmas cards this year!  The card base measures 5 3/4" square.  I embossed a piece of white CS with the Northern Flurry folder and stamped and heat embossed the sentiment.  I added foiled paper from the Winter Frost DSP pack, layered onto a Bermuda Bay mat, added some silver ribbon and layered onto a Coastal Cabana mat.   I then chose something that is traditionally red - I've used the wonderful poinsettia stamp from the SU! Joyful Christmas Season set. I stamped the flower twice onto vellum CS using Encore silver ink, sprinkled super sparkly Star Dust embossing powder on the image and heat embossed.  I fussy cut, layered and popped up two flower shapes to create my sparkly poinsettia.    I added a gorgeous Frosted Finishes embellishment to the flower centre and sprinkled a few rhinestones on the white panel to add more sparkle.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I embossed the bottom piece of the white panel with the Northern Flurry folder and added a Coastal Cabana strip.  I stamped the sentiment on a separate piece of white CS, heat embossed it with Star Dust powder, stamped the frame and cut it out with the matching Apothecary Accents Framelits die.  I added tiny punched snowflakes and rhinestones.  For the envelope flap I simply stamped a portion of the poinsettia and heat embossed with Star Dust powder.


So that's what I made, please go and see what the other DT members created to inspire you and then I hope you'll play along with us at 52 {C}CT and make a Christmas card featuring non traditional colours!  I'm looking forward to visiting your blogs to see what you've made!

Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! 'Joyful Christmas' set, 'Basic Label' single stamp
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White & white CS vellum

Patterned paper:  SU! 'Winter Frost' DSP
Ink: Encore Silver
Tools: SU! 'Northern Flurry' embossing folder, Apothecary Accents Framelits die, X Cut snowflake punch,  heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: Stampendous Star Dust embossing powder, SU! silver ribbon, Frosted Finishes embellishment, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo DiamanteHeartsRuth.gif 

11 comments:

Rosmarie said...

Wow Ruth, what a marvelous christmas card! I love all these gorgeous beauties on it, and this icy colours fit so well! I really like the grid at the bottom, it highlights very beautifully the traditional elements.
Hugs Rosi

Deborah Frings said...

Wow!!! This is absolutely stunning - I love the embossed background, the fab vellum poinsettia and the colours - yum! As always, the inside and envelope complete this beautifully!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE that designer paper and I adore the vellum bloom!!! The dry embossing was a fabulous hint of texture, too! Gorgeous! HUGS and enjoy the rest of your weekend! :) Mynn xx

Patricia Hays said...

This is fabulous, Ruth! I love the blue/teal with the white and silver. Poinsettias certainly can be white (although yes, red are more common), and the fantastic bauble you've added to the center of yours is a wonderful finishing touch. The rhinestone bling on the snowflakes is great, too. I also like the poinsettia adorning the envelope flap. All-around excellent job!

Danielle Vincent said...

Shut the front door Ruth this is so Fabulous!! I love your vellum poinsettia - it's amazing. I almost used that same embossing folder (its one of my favorites for winter/Christmas) too - great minds as you say :o)

Louise van Vuren said...

Christmas Perfection! Love the choice of colours and that gorgeous poinsettia looks wow! It's the little touches like the centre to the flower that make is extra special.

Louise xx

sandie said...

I love the vellum flower-this is really different and just stunning x

Unknown said...

Ruth,
This card is one I should very much like to CASE. Your work is outstanding. Blessings, Carole

Anonymous said...

WOW... that is one gorgeous poinsettia flower I ever seen on a card!

Bonnie said...

Oh, Ruth, this is so elegant! Love that delicate poinsettia!

kelly said...

that fret work along the bottom looks amazing!!!! Great card, (again)
kelly xx

01 09 10