Saturday 19 October 2013

Snowflake Tree Merry Christmas Card - 52 {C}CT Oct Bling Challenge

This week at 52 {C}CT Danielle is asking us to 'Bling It Up!' as this week's challenge - a bit of seasonal sparkle never goes amiss in my book!

 

I took the opportunity to use a newly acquired stamp set.  I loved the SU! 'Season of Friendship' set as soon as I saw it years ago and it has been on my wish list for a long time.  I finally got a set from eBay.com, it arrived a few days ago and I couldn't wait to ink it up.  I stamped the tree in black, the bird in Real Red and the snowflakes in Smoky Slate.   SU! Red Glimmer Paper is very blingy so I layered onto a larger square of that and then layered onto a Basic Black mat.  I adhered the layers to a 5 1/4" square white card base.  I stamped, matted and layered the sentiment and die cut two black scalloped photo corners.  I then had great fun blinging my card up - I placed a Frosted Finishes embellishment to the top of the tree, added rhinestones to the centres of the snowflakes and added more rhinestones to the photo corners.


Here's the inside of the card.  I added sparkly red and plain black CS strips to the bottom.  I inked the sentiment stamp with markers to get the three different colours, used circle punches to mat and layer and added rhinestones to the three larger snowflakes.


I stamped a Real Red snowflake swirl on the envelope flap.  I stamped the image again in Smoky Slate ink on a separate piece of white CS and used various size circle punches to cut out the snowflakes.  I edged each circle with a black Sharpie pen before gluing the circles down.  Naturally, I had to add more bling to the snowflake centres!


I really hope you'll join in with our Bling it up challenge at 52 {C}CT this week, I'd love to come and see your Christmas creations!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Season of Friendship' & 'Season of Joy' sets, Hero Arts 'Warm Wishes', snowflake swirl Inkadinkado
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Basic Black & Whisper White, SU! Red Glimmer Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black,  SU! Basic Black, Real Red & Smoky Slate, black Sharpie pen
Tools: MFT 'Photo Corners'  DieNamics die set, circle Nestabilities dies, circle punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Frosted Finishes embellishment, Rhinestone Jewels


 photo DiamondRuth.gif 

8 comments:

Radhika said...

lovely card and the bird is so cute..

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this fun card, Ruth! The tree is amazing with all the bling and I adore the elegant color scheme! HUGS and have a great rest of the weekend! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Gorgeous!! I really like the clean, simple tree with the pretty snowflakes and lovely star! The inside and envelope are equally lovely. Lovely stuff!

Danielle Vincent said...

Perfect way to use bling with this stamp set Ruth. I have this one too - it's one that I probably won't ever sell (and must now go pull it out of my drawer again after seeing your fabulous card). Hugs. D

Jacqueline said...

A really elegant card Ruth - love the images and all the sparkle - Jacqueline xx

Pia S said...

LOVE the stamp you've used for this card, Ruth! The snowflakes add to the wintery feel of this card, and I love the sparkle and glitter! Beautiful card!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the way you decorated your tree with sparkling snowflakes Ruth and that little red bird in the tree is a delight! Vicky x

Patricia Hays said...

I really like this stamp set, too, and don't use it as often as I probably should. Hmmm, maybe you've inspired me! ;) I like the bling added to the snowflakes, and the tree topper is the best!

01 09 10