Monday 2 September 2013

Snowmen Merry Christmas Card - HOC Sept Colour Challenge - Cute & Fun

Throughout September at House of Cards we're featuring this colour combo for each of our challenges.  This week we want to see Cute and Fun style cards using at least 3 of the colours shown in the photo.

vintage hues

The picture says 'vintage hues' and the colours and photo struck me as very sophisticated.  So when I came to make my Cute and Fun style card with these colours I was struggling to start with!  Then I remembered the very cute and fun SU! Frosty Friends stamp I have on loan from my kind friend Jan.  I decided to go with two purples and the dark grey colours from the prompt picture, using Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant and Basic Gray along with white.

I stamped the image in Basic Gray ink and added a touch of colour with inks and a blender pen.  I die cut the ovals and added Rock Candy clear glitter to the bottom of  the image oval.  I made a 5 1/4" square Wisteria Wonder card base and added the dotty paper and a decorative punched border.   I did more punching to get photo corners, small snowflakes plus the large snowflake.  I punched a few large snowflakes and stacked them together to get a thick chipboard like shape and I added Diamond Dust clear chunky glitter.  I attached a die cut Elegant Eggplant snowflake to the glittered snowflake with a square rhinestone brad and popped the snowflake up.  I added gems to the snowflakes on the photo corners and used one to dot the i in Christmas to complete the card front.


Here's a closer view of the colourless glitter - click the pic to get a larger view.  The Rock Candy underneath the snowmen is really fine and the Diamond Dust on the snowflake is much chunkier.


I cut a white panel for inside the card and stamped a sentiment and the SU! Snow Fun image - I think that line of snowmen is adorably cute!  I also stamped that on the front of the envelope.  I finished off by adding tiny punched snowflakes on the inside and added gem centres.


A close up of the cute line of snowmen - the alarmed one next to the melted one makes me laugh every time I use this stamp!


 I hope you'll take part in our HOC Cute & Fun challenge this week, I'd love to visit your blogs to see what you've made!  Everyone is welcome at our House!

Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! 'Frosty Friends' stamp, 'Sassy Salutations' set, 'Snow Fun' wheel stamp, Penny Black 'Joy. Hope'
CS: SU! Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Gray & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant,  & Basic Gray, blender pen

Tools:  Petite Oval Nestabilities dies, Woodware snowflake punches, Cuttlebug snowflake die, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: Tim Holtz Clear Rock Candy Stickles Dry Glitter, Diamond Dust chunky glass glitter, square rhinestone brad, purple gems, 3D foam tape

 photo CardFuchsiaRuth.gif 

4 comments:

Rosmarie said...

What a magnificent Christmas card!
Just great your interpretation of the HOC challenge!!
Hugs Rosi

sandie said...

love it Ruth, great use of the grey and love the long line of snowmen. Hope you are doing ok my friend x

Pia S said...

WOW! I'm impressed by how you made these colors work with a Christmas design! Cute and elegant at the same time!

Mynn xx said...

Ruth, this is so fabulous!!! LOVE the fun image and I adore the NO warms tones...it's perfect for a holiday card! HUGS and have a great rest of your week! :)

01 09 10