Monday 16 September 2013

Glittered Christmas Tree Card - HOC Sept Colour Challenge - Classic & Elegant Style

At House of Cards we're still working with this colour palette but this week the challenge is for CLASSIC & ELEGANT style cards.

vintage hues 

I decided to make a Christmas card and took the opportunity of using a set of stamps I'd borrowed from my kind and generous friend Lesley!  I spent an afternoon card making with Lesley in her craft room a few weeks ago and as a result I got to see lots of crafty items she owns.  As soon as I saw the stamps I loved them and asked if I could have them on loan.   I love going to Lesley's - an afternoon chatting and crafting, I can borrow crafty goodies and she provides a scrummy lunch!  

I stamped the tree in Elegant Eggplant ink on a white panel, applied a piece of double sided adhesive sheet over the top, peeled off the backing sheet and covered the entire panel with ultrafine glitter - it's VERY sparkly!  I made a Wisteria Wonder 5 3/4" card base and then did all the layering and matting.  I added a couple of die cut decorative corners and sprinkled on some deep purple crystals.


Here's a closer look at that sparkly goodness!


I love the ornaments in the stamp set and had to use those somewhere!  This pic shows the inside of the card and the front of the envelope.  As I didn't put a sentiment on the card front I thought I'd have a big'un inside!  It's still elegant though!


I also had to use this 'wonderful' sentiment and I couldn't resist hanging a gorgeous ornament from it on the envelope flap!


You can't blame me...

...see?  Gorgeous!

So now you've seen what I got up to, it's over to you to get creating your own CLASSIC & ELEGANT style cards using the challenge colour palette.  Visit the HOC challenge blog, see what the other Classic & Elegant DT members made and then link up your card!  Everyone is welcome at our House!

Supplies:
Stamps: PaperMania Home for Christmas 'Baubles' cling set, Woodware 'Wishing You' clear stamp
CS: SU! Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Gray & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant

Tools: decorative corner die from Cuttlebug 'Vintage' set, Perfect Layers, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Diamonds ultrafine glitter, deep purple crystals, double sided adhesive sheet


 photo SparkleHeartRuth.gif

4 comments:

sandie said...

Hi Ruth, this really is elegant, I love this tree stamp and how fab to have it on loan-make the most of it!

Pia S said...

I've come to the conclusion that you can use any color for a Christmas card and still keep the Christmas feel as long as there's tons of glitter on it:) This is a beautifully sparkly card with such an elegant design!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE all of that sparkle, Ruth! This is so gorgeous and elegant, a fabulous wintry card! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

Donna Nuce said...

Gorgeous card Ruth! I love that you stayed with the subdued colors. The sparkles are prefect! Have a great day.

01 09 10