Saturday 13 April 2013

Snowman & Circles Gap Card - 52 {C}CT Apr Colour Challenge

We have this wonderful colour challenge for you this week at 52 {C}CT.  I love blue Christmas cards!



To start I chose a favourite Inkadinkado snowman stamp and I stamped him with Night of Navy ink.  I remembered I have a Sizzix Circles strip die that goes well with this stamp and I decided to use that to make a gap card.  I think gap cards are such fun and I haven't made one in a while.  I made a 5 3/4" square Bashful Blue card base and then cut a gap from the front.  I cut two Night of Navy circles die cut shapes and glued them back to back between the gap.  I think using two shapes gives a bit more strength and reinforces the gap.

Here's the card open on display where you can see the gap.


This next photo shows the card closed.  I glued a strip of white CS inside the card so it will show through from behind.  I added three punched blue snowflakes inside so they are visible through the large circular holes.  I then punched smaller white snowflakes and glued those to the front of the circles strip.  I layered the snowman panel onto a Night of Navy mat, glued that to the card and added a photo corner with a small punched snowflake.  I added three white snowflakes underneath the snowman panel and then added rhinestone jewels to each snowflake centre.  I applied Star Dust Stickles underneath the snowman for some sparkly snow.


Here's the inside.


For the front of the envelope I die cut another Night of Navy Circles strip and added punched snowflakes with jewel centres.


I really enjoyed putting this card together!  I hope you'll join us for this week's 52 {C}CT challenge, I'm looking forward to checking out your blue Christmas cards!  The other DT members will have fab cards to inspire you so please take a look at those before you go off and get inky!

Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado 'Holiday Sentiments' clear set, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set
CS: SU! Bashful Blue, Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Tools: Sizzix 'Circles' Decorative Strip die, SU! Photo Corners punch, Fiskars snowflake punch, Woodware tiny snowflake punch
Embellishments & accessories: Star Dust Stickles, SU! Rhinestone Jewels


 photo DiamanteHeartsRuth.gif

9 comments:

Autumn Mist said...

Crikey, what an awesomely clever card, so well thought out. The colour scheme is perfect for it, too, fab card Ruth! x

Deborah Frings said...

Ruth - this is just gorgeous! I love the way you've used the circle diecut and placed the little snowflakes on the inside. Your snowman is so funky - love the circles and lettering on him. And your envelope finishes it all brilliantly.

sarahstone said...

Cute! I LOVE how your border matches your snowman stamp. This card is put together really well, and I like how you always finish everything with the inside and envelopes. Very professional-looking!

sandie said...

just fab Ruth, I am not back into my Xmas cards yet and this combo is not for me...I will see if I can be inspired in the week but life got in the way and now I just can't seem to get that Xmas feeling back! But you are doing a fab job and this is your best to date this year!

Katy said...

Wow! First I love that snowman! Second I love the circle trim and the snowflakes inside. Very awesome! :)

Jacqueline said...

Hi Ruth - love your snowman card - I love the way you have created the panel too - you are a clever girl - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Ruth! I adore the fabulous elements and punched portion! Gorgeous image, too! HUGS and have a great week! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my gosh that border panel is just AWESOME Ruth!! Somehow I just knew you would also do a snowman - teehee :o) Sooo fabulous! Hugs D

Louise van Vuren said...

So clever! I've not made one of these but think I might give it a go now. I knew you would make a snowman card with these colours, just like I bet you guessed I'd do snowflakes, but we are allowed our favourites sometimes aren't we! love your card
Louise xx

01 09 10