Saturday 20 April 2013

Santa Collage Card - 52 {C}CT Apr Theme Challenge #16

It's time for a theme challenge at 52 {C}CT and this week we want to see Santa on your Christmas cards.

 

I've used  the Inkadinkado Santa Collage stamp which is a stylish and sophisticated image of Santa Claus I think.  I've used Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla as my colour combo.  After die cutting the shaped card I stamped the image, trimmed it to size, inked the edges and layered it onto a Cherry Cobbler mat.  I embossed the Crumb Cake panel with a snowflakes embossing folder and added a strip of Cherry Cobbler ribbon.  I've elevated the Santa panel (a posher way of saying I popped it up, elevated is what my friend Carol at card group always says!)    I then cut some Cherry Cobbler tulle, threaded it through a ribbon slider and hot glued that to the ribbon to finish the card front.  A simple card design but I'm happy how this turned out! 


I die cut a Very Vanilla piece for inside the card, inked the edges and stamped a sentiment and some snowflakes.  I love that retro font!


For the envelope, I stamped the snowflakes a few times across the front and added a punched square Santa image.


I do hope you'll add a Santa card to your Christmas card stash by playing along with our challenge this week - don't forget to check out the fab cards from the other DT members before you go off to create!

Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado 'Santa Collage', Stampendous 'Christmas Wishes' clear set, PSX 'Snowflake Medley'
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler
Tools: Sizzix Bigz XL 'Card Fronts, A2 Eyelet & Ornate' die, snowflakes embossing folder from Cuttlebug 'Winter Wonderland' set, square Nestabilities die, hot glue gun, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Cherry Cobbler ribbon, Cherry Cobbler tulle, metal ribbon slider, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

8 comments:

Pia S said...

I've never used this color combination, but boy, to red and grey work well together! Fabulous Santa image and I love the shape of your card as well!

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant! This is one of my very favourite Santa stamps and I so nearly used it! I love the colours you've used - Cherry Cobbler is so rich! Great texture and I adore the inside and envelope!

Kylie said...

That stamp is just amazing. I want it!!! Great card xx

Karen Aicken said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, Ruth! Of course I adore the inside and the envelope too.

I just got this shaped card die so I was excited to see how you used it here.

Cheers, Karen

Mynn xx said...

Another beautifully created card and envelope, Ruth! LOVE the beautiful image and that ribbon slide on the front! This inside could be a card itself! HUGS and have a great week! :)

sarahstone said...

Wow, Ruth. I am really starting to love your style. Love how you decorate your insides and your envelopes! This one is so pretty. The Santa is sophisticated and the embossing really beautifies it even further. Great card!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous colour choice Ruth and a fab image too - a gorgeous card - Jacqueline xx

Danielle Vincent said...

I love your elevated Santa image! Beautiful colors (man you are amazing at that lately!) WOW and WOW again on the inside and envelope Ruth. You are a true inspiration to me. Hugs D

01 09 10