Saturday 10 November 2012

Black, White & Pink Tree Trio Merry Christmas Card - 52 {C}CT Nov Colour Challenge

This week we have a fabulous colour challenge for you over at 52 {C}CT.  We're being very flexible too - allowing you to choose black or brown and cream or white to go along with the pink!


I've gone for black, white and a pop of bright pink - one of my fave colour combos!  I started off with a 5 3/4" square white card base and cut a black mat layer.  I then stamped my trees onto the Whisper White CS, stamping first in Melon Mambo ink and then I stamped the centre tree again in VersaMark and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  I cut out the white shape using an SU! Apothecary Accents Framelits die, cut out my shiny black embossed tree and popped that up.  I added dotty Melon Mambo ribbon to the black mat before gluing that to the white card.  I stamped the sentiment and cut that out with another Apothecary Accents die and I trimmed some off both the top and bottom of the shape to make the label smaller.  I finished off the card front with decorative photo corners and some bling.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I die cut a Melon Mambo label for the sentiment and added some small punched snowflakes.  I stamped and punched a snowflake circle element for the envelope flap. 


There will be wonderful cards from the rest of the Design Team to inspire you so please do check them out.  I'd love to come and see your Christmas cards using this bold and bright colour combo so please play along and join in our challenge at 52 {C}CT this week!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Patterned Pines & Greetings of the Season sets, Woodware 'Wishing You' clear stamp
CS: Craftwork Cards Softies 'Alabaster' CS, SU! Basic Black, Melon Mambo & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Melon Mambo, Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark
Tools: SU! Apothecary Accents Framelits dies, Sizzix 'Photo Corners #2' Sizzlits die, Woodware small snowflake punch, plain & scalloped circle punches,
Embellishments & accessories: SU! black embossing powder, SU! Melon Mambo dotted grosgrain ribbon, black & clear rhinestone jewels, 3D foam pads


Photobucket

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Morning Ruth - gorgeous card, love your choice of Melon Mambo and Black - they go so perfectly together - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

I absolutely adore the bright tones you need, Ruth!!! They're perfect for your good images! I hope you're noticing that I'm decorating my card insides more...it's all because of you! ;)

Rosmarie said...

Two gorgeous Christmas cards! Love these powerful colors, it gives a really great look!
Thank you so very much for the lovely comment on my card.

Rosi x

Patty Gorka said...

Love the bright colors, and the ribbon is perfect!

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow Ruth!! Stunning trees - LOVe that melon mambo and the black together. Terrific corners too! Hugs D

01 09 10