Wednesday 24 October 2012

Flower & Leaves Best Wishes Card - Inkspirational DT Call

Mynnette, the crafty whirlwind that she is, is starting up a new challenge blog called Inkspirational.  She is  having a DT call - details can be found here - and there are four fab challenges for you to enter if you want to apply for a place on the team.  Mynnette's first DT call challenge is to CASE this pretty card of hers.



I love Mynnette's card, the layout is very versatile, it's great as a CAS design but I think it lends itself to being stepped up also.  Some things that stood out for me to bear in mind when I made my CASE version were the subtle patterned paper, the texture and dimension of the flower and leaves, the different greens used for the leaves and the rounded corners.

I made a 5 3/4" square card using textured white CS, added the green patterned paper and the red strips.   I then used my SU! Blossom punch to cut three flowers from Cherry Cobbler Core'dinations CS.  I embossed each blossom with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder and scuffed the embossing.  I was really surprised, the scuffed embossing not only looks good, it adds a touchable texture to the CS, it feels almost like suede or flocking!  I stacked the three flowers and joined them together with an Antique brad.  I die cut some leaves using  Lucky Limeade, Gumball Green and Always Artichoke CS.  The die I used is 'Fresh Leaves' from Memory Box - the die has a subtle embossed leaf detail which I love.  I glued the bottoms of the leaves flat to the card but I've added dimension by placing 3D foam pads under the leaves as well.  I glued the flower to the card front and rounded the right hand side corners of the card.  I stamped and die cut a sentiment panel and added bling to this to finish the card front.


Damask patterns always appeal to me and I couldn't resist this patterned paper - I bought a few sheets in different colours!  I've used more of the paper inside the card and on the envelope flap.  I debated whether to add a sentiment inside or not - I decided to leave it for now and possibly add one later when I know what I'm going to use the card for.  So, one challenge down - I'm looking forward to tackling the other three!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Sincere Salutations set
CS: Craftwork Cards 'Alabaster' Softies CS, SU! Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade, Gumball Green & Always Artichoke, SU! Cherry Cobbler Core'dinations CS

Patterned paper:  Echo Park Style Essentials Green Damask
Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade
Tools: SU! Blossom punch, SU! Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Memory Box 'Fresh Leaves' die, Ellison Frame Window Cuts die, Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Antique brad, sanding block, rhinestone jewels, 3D foam pads


Photobucket

3 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Good night, this is gorgeous!!! Don't you just love that flower punch?! Absolutely stunning, Ruth, and thank you for joining my dt call! Good luck...I can't wait to see more!

Marina said...

Lovely, rich colours.

kelly said...

Yay, you found your embossing folder!! That textured flower is fab Ruth, goes really well with your patterned paper. I love damask prints to, they look so luxurious!!
Kelly xx

01 09 10