Saturday 1 September 2012

Mug Warm Wishes Card - 52 {C}CT August Sketch Challenge

We have a fab sketch for you to work with at 52 {C}CT this week.  I hope you'll play along with us, if you haven't started already you really do need to make a start on those Christmas cards - and if you have already started, well, one more card added to the box is a good thing!  The other DT members will have some great cards to inspire you as well so please check them out.


So when I started taking part in the 52 {C}CT challenges back in February I said it would be great to have most of my Christmas cards made so that later in the year when the new Christmas goodies came out I wouldn't need to buy any.  I didn't reckon on such gorgeous tempting goodies being in the SU! Autumn/Winter catty though - and needless to say, I've succumbed!

I got some new SU! goodies this week and I used the mug from the Scentsational Season set for my card.  I stamped and die cut the mug and steam, cut a slit in the mug and slid the steam inside the slit.  I inked the mug with Island Indigo ink and removed the colour from the drink portion with a blender pen and then added Early Espresso colour for the drink with a marker.  The mug is popped up.  I attached an Island Indigo punched snowflake to my panel with a rhinestone brad.  I used Petite Oval Nesties for my sentiment - I think 'Warm Wishes' is perfect to go with the mug!

 
Continuing the 'warm wishes' feeling inside the card, I added a 'warmest greetings' sentiment and some stamped snowflakes.  A stamped snowflake circle on the envelope flap finished everything off. 


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Scentsational Season set, 'Warm Wishes' from SU! Cheer & Wishes set, inside sentiment from Stampendous, SU! Snowflakes set
CS: PaperMania 5 1/4" square white card blank, SU! Early Espresso, Island Indigo & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Bo Bunny Snowfall
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo & Early Espresso, blender pen
Tools: SU! Holiday Collection Framelits die, Petite Oval & circle Nestie dies, Woodware snowflake punch, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: rhinestone brad, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Ruth you luck duck - how did you manage to get your hands on these goodies so quick? Fab card though - love the colours you have used - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

OH MY WORD!!! LOVE this set!!! I think I need it...and your snowflake accent is amazing! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Love that blue coffee mug Ruth. So clever of you to tuck the steam into the mug and color the drink - thanks for the tip!

01 09 10