Saturday 15 September 2012

Holly Present Merry Christmas Card - 52 {C}CT September Theme Challenge

It's theme challenge time this week at 52 {C}CT and the theme is "Gifts of the Season".


I made my square card look like a wrapped gift with a tag.  I cut a piece of patterned paper and taped two strips of the lovely sparkly ribbon behind before attaching it to the front of my card.  The ribbon was tied round the fab Christmas gift Kelly sent to me last year and I saved it as I knew it would be perfect for a card one day! I die cut the tag, stamped the sentiment, cut out 3 holly sprigs from the patterned paper and glued those to the tag.  I punched a hole in the tag, threaded some more ribbon through, added some silver thread tied in a bow and popped up the tag on the card front.

 
When you open the card - ta dah!  Inside there's a pop up gift.  I used flocked holly paper and sparkly red CS to die cut the gift and I attached a silver snowflake charm brad to the bow.  I layered the sentiment onto a sparkly red mat.  At the bottom I added holly paper and sparkly red strips.

 

For the envelope flap I punched a sprig of holly from the flocked paper and added red sparkly berries to finish off.  What a fun card to put together!  I hope you have as much fun as I did when you make your own creations for our challenge this week!  Don't forget to check out the fab inspiration on offer from the other members of the DT!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Best Yet set, Hero Arts Christmas Cheer clear set
CS: PaperMania cream square card blank, SU! red Glimmer Paper

Patterned paper:  SU! Holly Berry Bouquet DSP, Making Memories flocked holly paper
Ink: SU! Real Red
Tools: Sizzix Rounded Tags Framelits die, Sizzix Pop Ups & Gift #2 dies, Martha Stewart Holly Branch punch
Embellishments & accessories: red sparkly ribbon saved from a gift, silver sparkly thread, snowflake charm brad, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a brilliant design Ruth - and once again your matching envelope looks so professional! Vicky x

Jacqueline said...

This is so lovely Ruth - love the pop-up gift - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

This is wonderful, Ruth!!! I LOVE the pop-up on the inside and I adore your wrappings on the outside! This is beautiful! :)

Patty Gorka said...

Love this card! What a neat idea to make the front of your card be a present and when you open it there's a present inside, so creative!

01 09 10