Saturday 29 September 2012

Christmas To Do List Holder Frame - 52 {C}CT Sept Anything Goes Challenge

It's Anything Goes week at 52 {C}CT - you can create anything Christmassy as long as it's NOT a card, tag or ATC.  I hope you'll play along with us, I'd love to come and see what you make!  Check out what the other DT members have made too, there's bound to be some good stuff on show!

I've made something for myself - just 'a bit of nonsense' as my friend Jan puts it.  Lists are important at Christmas and I make lots.  The trouble is when flat pieces of paper are left lying around they can get covered up and so easily get mislaid.  I bought a few of these Tolsby photo frames from Ikea and I decided to make one of the frames into a To Do List holder.  I see the frames are now £1 each but when I bought mine in June they were under 80p each!  It can stand up on my desk and there's no way I'm going to mislay this! 

I've used some silver glittery chipboard shapes to decorate the frame.  I punched small holes in the flourish and bauble shapes and tied the bauble to the flourish with twine so it dangles.  I adhered the shapes to the frame with super glue.  I then added the ritzy red glitter dome stickers to add a pop of colour.  I trimmed a page from a To Do List pad I had and placed it inside the frame.  The frame is double sided so I can have two lists in there.


Kitsch?  Naff?  Probably!  Anyway, I enjoyed myself immensely making it and I think it's festive, fun, fabulous - yet functional!  I've just thought the frames would make good recipe holders too.

Supplies:
Ikea 'Tolsby' photo frame, My Mind's Eye silver glitter chipboard shapes, PaperMania red glitter dome stickers, Crop-a-Dile, red & white baker's twine, super glue, sheet from a To Do List pad


Photobucket 




4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Ruth, I adore this amazing framed to do list!!! LOVE the silver, red, and white together, too!!! Gorgeous work, as always! If you're interested, I have a DT call going on for a new challenge that will go live in January! The details are on my personal blog in a post under the RMH Hop post. :)

kelly said...

I love this! I still haven't decorated mine, I was thinking of decorating it for my babies nursery, but still need ideas!
Your list made me chuckle, especially the keep calm and read delia, I don't know why but I always imagine that you are always calm and collected, it must be because you seem so organised!
Kelly xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh wow Ruth - I am a HUGE To Do List person so this almost makes me break out in goosebumps :O) Terrific!!

Jacqueline said...

Brilliant idea Ruth - gorgeous colours too, that red really stands out - Jacqueline xx

01 09 10