Saturday 4 August 2012

Daisy Trio Happy Birthday Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #71

This week at the Simply Stampin' challenge blog we have a pretty colour combo for you.


I've made a 5 1/4" square daisies birthday card.  I die cut 9 medium sized daisies and stacked 3 together after sponging the tips with Regal Rose ink.  For the daisy centres I stamped the Texture wheel with Daffodil ink onto Daffodil CS, punched 3/4" circles and sponged the edges with Daffodil ink.  I also stamped the Texture onto the Baja Breeze panel.  I split the sentiment into two strips, rounding the right hand corners and sponging the edges with Regal Rose ink.  I popped up the daisy centres and also popped up the daisies onto the Baja Breeze panel.  I added just a touch of sparkle with a jewel rhinestone as a dot over the i in 'birthday'.


I cut a white panel for inside the card, added three stamped and punched flowers from the Button Buddies set and inked the edges with Baja Breeze ink.  Another flower for the envelope flap finished off the  card.



I hope you can join in with this week's challenge - if you don't have the exact colours you can substitute a similar shade.  Also, we accept email challenge entries so you don't need a blog to participate.  Check out the blog to see what the other DT members have made and then give this summery combo a go - I'd love to see what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Texture wheel, Happiest Birthday Wishes & Button Buddies sets
CS: SU! Regal Rose, Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight & Whisper White

Ink: SU! Regal Rose, Baja Breeze & Daffodil Delight
Tools: SU! Flower, Daisies #2 die, 3/4" & 1/2" circle punches, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, corner rounder punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Jewel Rhinestone, Dimensionals



Photobucket

4 comments:

Migdalia said...

Very Beautiful!!lovely card!

Margaret said...

The daisies are lovely! A wonderful card!

kelly said...

Not sure if I like the inside or outside better?! They are both great, I am a huge fan of that daisy die!
and the button buddies look fab in those bright and cheery colours!
Kelly xx

Anonymous said...

Your flowers look just beautiful. I love all of the sponging on the card - especially the touch of pink on the daisies. Deb x

01 09 10