Saturday 14 July 2012

Snowman Wonderful Christmas Card - 52 CCT Colour Challenge

This week at the 52 CCT challenge blog we have this  fab colour combo for you.  For my blue I've used Pool Party - LOVE that colour - and I think it looks fabulous with black and white!


 Oh look - a new snowman stamp set!  What's better than a new snowman stamp set?  A half price one!  What's better than a new half price snowman stamp set?  Well, that would be a new half price snowman stamp set that matches a set you already have in your collection!   The snowflakes I stamped on the white panel background - also a half price stamp - I do love a bargain!

After stamping the snowman I cut him out, used Pool Party ink and a blender pen to colour the scarf and I coloured in the dots with a black marker.  I've added tiny black gems as eyes, sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds so my snowman has some sparkle and I've popped him up.  I die cut two snowflakes, one Pool Party and one black and I've offset them before attaching a black glimmer brad in the centre.


For the inside and the envelope I've used the snowflake background again and the smaller snowman that matches the big snowman on the front of the card.  The smaller snowman is from a stamp and die combo set so I die cut him after stamping and I've popped him up inside the card and glued him flat to the envelope flap.

OK, so you already know I love a half price bargain.  See those snowflakes and lovely sentiment?  They're from a Hero Arts clear set with an RRP of £13.95 - I got that set from an online sale recently for £3.95!  Yep, sporting a rather smug grin right now!  Hmmmm, there is that saying 'pride goes before a fall'  - I just noticed I forgot to sponge the edges of my white panel inside the card - serves me right, smugness is not an attractive quality LOL! 


This is a fab colour combo for Christmas cards so I really hope you'll play along with us at 52 CCT this week, I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!  Benefits to playing along with us?  You can get to feel a tad smug - not too much though - at adding another Christmas card to your stash!  Also - if you enter every challenge for the month and end up as our overall winner you will win a digi sentiment designed by the marvellous Mynnette!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Wonderful Christmas cling set, Hero Arts Snowman stamp & die combo set, Hero Arts Falling Snowflakes background stamp, Hero Arts Holiday Cheer clear set
CS: SU! Basic Black, Pool Party & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Pool Party, SU! Basic Black marker pen, blender pen
Tools: Snowman die from Hero Arts Snowman stamp & die combo set, Sizzix Snowflake #23 Sizzlits die, Perfect Layers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, SU! Glimmer Brad, black rhinestone jewels, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Christmas Card Ruth love it great design! Jo xxx

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Ruth - thanks for my first smile of the morning! I popped in and saw this darling card and I just grinned from ear to ear. Wonderful use of the colors and great card! Wow - a finished inside and envelope too?? I am inspired and impressed :o)

Mynn xx said...

IT'S SO CUTE!!! LOVE it--the black background with the blue snow and shaded snowman...I LOVE it all!!! :) HUGS to you!

Jacqueline said...

I love your snowmen cards Ruth and this is no exception - he's so cheery! - Jacqueline xx

Ruth M said...

TEST TEST

Margaret said...

Well, aren't you the bargain hunter! Great prices and such beautiful things to use! You did an amazing job with the colors and I love the eyes on your snowman! A beautiful card inside and out!

Julie said...

Love your image Ruth. I love it when I find a bargain as well. Love your layout - very effective!

kelly said...

No wonder you're feeling smug, a gorgeous card and a stamp set for under £4!!! Bargain of the century!
Kelly xx

Patty Gorka said...

Super cute snowman card! I really like how you did the inside and your envelope is a perfect match!

01 09 10