Saturday 16 June 2012

Two Snowmen Cards - 52 CCT Theme Challenge Cards

This week at the 52 CCT challenge blog there is a snowman theme - fabulous, that's right up my street, I LOVE snowmen!   I've been spending more time in my craft room this week due to hubby watching the football games on TV.  It just so happened that I had two new snowmen stamps that needed to get inked up - so all in all it was easy for me to make two cards for this week's challenge!

First up was this 5 1/4" square black, white and red card using a popped up die cut panel - I love making cards with this technique at the moment!  I die cut the snowflakes from the black panel and then popped the panel up over the white mat layer.  I couldn't resist adding this unusual snowman stamp to my collection, I love the festive details on the image, there's Santa in his sleigh with reindeer, snowflakes, holly, trees and a candy cane.  I stamped the snowman, cut him out and popped him up.  I added a rhinestone brad to my Merry Christmas banner and placed rhinestone gems in the centre of the snowflakes.


Here's the inside with a stamped sentiment and a punched snowflake border.  I stamped the SU! 'Snowman Fun' wheel stamp on the front of the envelope - it always make me smile to use this fun stamp and see the resulting line of snowmen - the worried one whose neighbour has just melted tickles me no end!



Onto card two and isn't this snow couple stamp adorable?!  Such a happy image!  I stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with inks and a water brush.  It's a jumbo stamp so when you add a couple of layers you've got a card front more or less sorted.  The card measures 5 3/4" square and I've used Baja Breeze and Elegant Eggplant with white as my colour combo.  I stamped the sentiment and added a die cut snowflake.  To carry on the 'love' theme suggested by the snow couple and sentiment, I added a punched heart to the centre of the snowflake.  I added Crystal Effects to make it raised and shiny and popped a gem in the centre.  I added gems to the snowflake points too and popped the snowflake up.


Inside I carried on the love theme by using an appropriate sentiment and punched hearts.  The swirly snowflake border is included in the set with the snow couple, I stamped it again and punched out a circle for the envelope flap.


I had such a happy time putting these cards together - I hope you'll play along with us this week and get inky and happy with your snowmen too, I look forward to seeing what you make!  Check out Jacqueline and Mynnette's fab creations for this snowmen challenge too!

Supplies for Merry Christmas card:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Snowman, Merry Christmas from SU! Season of Joy set, inside sentiment from Penny Black, SU! Snowman Fun wheel
CS: SU! Riding Hood Red & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Groom Specialty paper
Ink: SU! Riding Hood Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Sizzix Mini Snowflakes Movers & Shapers dies, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die, EK Success Snowflake border punch
Embellishments & accessories: rhinestone brad, rhinestone jewels, 3d foam tape


Supplies for snow couple card:
Stamps: Stampendous Snowfall Pair Jumbo Cling set, Personal Impressions Christmas Messages clear set, Hero Arts Merry Merry Christmas clear set

CS: SU! Baja Breeze, Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: SU! Baja Breeze, Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie & Basic Gray, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Sizzix Snowflake Sizzlits die, small heart punch, circle punches, water brush, Perfect Layers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crystal Effects, rhinestone jewels, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I can see why you love snowmen so much - those images are gorgeous - Jacqueline xx

Margaret said...

Love both of these-the elegance of the first card and the cool wintry colors of the second! Beautiful!

Migdalia said...

Ruth,they are all lovely!!!On the first card did you embossed the cardstock?The image of the snowmen is Cute!I love it!

Mynn xx said...

These are so fabulous! I love them, too!!! AND your signature--you know how I love these! ;) Fabulous job--you are really making us proud at 52CCT! :)

Patty Gorka said...

Fabulous snowmen cards! Love that you did the inside and envelopes too!

kelly said...

What gorgeous cards Ruth, I especially love the snowman on the first card, very elegant! I don't think I own any snowmen stamps? how weird!!
Kelly xx

Anonymous said...

lovely card thanks for visiting my blog too! hugs me xx

01 09 10