Saturday 23 June 2012

Sparkly Tree Merry Christmas Card - 52 CCT Glitter Embellishment Challenge

Yay, it's time for seasonal sparkle at the 52 CCT blog this week - we're asking you to add glitter to your cards for this week's challenge!


I love sparkle and one of my fave techniques with glitter is to use double sided adhesive sheet to cover an entire stamped panel.  For this card I stamped the fir tree from the SU! Lovely as a Tree set in Night of Navy ink onto white CS, sponged the edges of the panel with the same ink, applied the double sided adhesive sheet and covered the panel with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  I never fail to have an an "ooooh, sparkly!" moment, no matter how many times I've done it before!  I press a piece of paper firmly over the panel and rub and that gets rid off the excess glitter so there's not too much shedding. I kept things very simple with a tried and tested layout.  I added some Island Indigo patterned paper, navy ribbon and layered my sparkly panel onto Island Indigo and Night of Navy mats.  I've added square silver brads to the corners of the white panel, popped the panel up and rounded the top right corner of the card.


Here's a close up of that sparkly goodness!



For the envelope I stamped a line of trees across the front, some with full strength ink and some stamped off.  I did the same inside the card and added a sentiment.  It's hard to tell from the photo but the inside and envelope have some sparkle too because I dotted the trees randomly  with glue and sprinkled on more Dazzling Diamonds.  I added a frame on the front of the envelope where I can write the recipient's name to finish off. 


Surely no-one can resist a sparkly seasonal card so I hope that means you'll join in with our challenge this week and get glitzy with your glitter!  I'd love to come and see what you've made!  Also, a reminder that the 52 CCT blog has a Design Team call going on in June - there's just a couple more weeks to go so get your entries in if you would like to apply for a spot on the team!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Lovely as a Tree, Seasonal Wishes & Four Frames sets, Stampendous 'Merry Wishes'
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Island Indigo, Night of Navy & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Island Indigo dotty paper from In Color DSP stack
Ink: SU! Island Indigo & Night of Navy
Tools: SU! Decorative Label punch, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Crafty Notions double sided adhesive sheet, square silver brads, SU! Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, 3d foam tape



Photobucket

8 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Will have to try this technique - it's stunning, great layout too - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

Another absolutely amazing card, Ruth! LOVE the way you used the sparkle--and I LOVE the blue tones, too! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Ruth - this is definitely an ooooohhh card! I Love,love, love it. Going to have to try that technique.

Margaret said...

Gorgeous technique! Reminds me of freshly fallen snow! Such a beautiful sparkly card!

Julie said...

So very pretty- love the sparkle and the colour you've used.

Victoria said...

Another big WOW from me!! I love these trees stamped in Night of Navy... and you *might* have convinced me to have a go at this (which is a really big thing given how much I hate glitter!!)

Vicky Hayes said...

That's the second time I've seen this technique today! Thanks for describing how you did it Ruth - I must give it a go! Vicky x

Joan said...

thank you for tutorial and the lovely card, I have these stamps unused until today when I have had to try this, lovely effect, one batch of cards sorted !

01 09 10