Saturday 2 June 2012

Snowflake Ornament Card - 52 CCT Sketch #6 Challenge

I was so glad when my friend Kelly told me about the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown blog.  Every year I've said I'm going to get organised and start making my Christmas cards early in the new year - but I've never managed it!  I thought taking part in the 52 CCT blog challenges would be the perfect nudge for me to be prepared and have my cards made in plenty of time.  With my unsuccessful track record in this area though,  I did wonder if my enthusiasm would perhaps fizzle out!  Jacqueline and Mynnette have made the challenges so interesting and fun though that I've been really enjoying taking part each week.  I love that my Christmas card pile is steadily growing and I also love that I'm using Christmas goodies from my stash that in all likelihood would have remained neglected.  It's SO nice to get inky with old favourites as well as with my new stuff!

So I was already very happy with the 52 CCT blog - and then I was asked to join as a Design Team member!  I was absolutely chuffed to bits to be invited and, of course, I said yes!   So now I have another incentive to keep those Christmas cards coming.  It feels great to be part of the 52 CCT team and to know I will definitely be ready with my Christmas cards this year!  Huge thanks to Jacqueline and Mynnette for inviting me and for the warm welcome!

So, onto my first Design Team card.  This week's challenge is a great sketch.  I may have to try a card with the sketch rotated, I think it would work well either way.


One of my favourite colour combos for Christmas cards is deep purple, white and silver, I think it's so elegant.  A perfect choice I thought to go with one of my all time favourite stamps - the 'Snowflake Ornament' made by All Night Media.  This gorgeous stamp is a real oldie but goodie, it's been in my stash for many years but I still love it and I will never part with it!  I stamped the ornament in Elegant Eggplant ink and cut it out using a Sizzix Ticket Framelits die.  I mounted that onto an Elegant Eggplant rectangle and added a rhinestone brad to the ornament centre.  I attached some Eggplant ribbon to a Brushed Silver CS square and then adhered the square to a 5 7/8" square Elegant Eggplant card base.  I then added some small punched snowflakes with rhinestone gem centres and I added larger gems to the ticket corners.



I stamped a lovely Stampendous sentiment inside and added a snowflake circle element to the envelope to finish off. 



I do hope you'll join in this week's challenge and make a card using this great sketch  layout  - I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: All Night Media 'Snowflake Ornament', Stampendous 'Snow Brackets', SU! Snowflakes set
CS: SU! Elegant Eggplant, Brushed Silver & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant
Tools: Sizzix Ticket Framelits die,  Woodware small snowflake punch, 1 1/2", 1 3/4" & 2" circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, rhinestone brad, rhinestone jewels



Photobucket

4 comments:

kelly said...

Congratulations Ruth, I'm so pleased for you! They are very lucky to have to on board!
Kelly xx

Jacqueline said...

Welcome to the team Ruth - and what a card for your debut, love your colour combination it's so elegant - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

An absolutely STUNNING debut, Ruth!!! GORGEOUS purples--my favorite color!!! And I LOVE that gorgeous snowflake ornament!!! Welcome to the 52CCT family! ;)

Tracey said...

I love this card, especially your colour choice. All of my Christmas decorations are blues and pinks. I especially love snowflakes and yours look like the big fluffy kind we all love. Awesome card!

01 09 10