Saturday 2 June 2012

Buttons Thank You Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #62

Over at the Simply Stampin' challenge blog we have a colour combo challenge for you this week.


It's good to be challenged and go outside of your comfort zone - that's what I kept telling myself anyway LOL!  I have to come clean and say I did find this combo very challenging until I found a method that worked -  to use only vanilla CS and just ink in the other colours.  That worked for me after a few attempts that used coloured CS which I wasn't at all happy with.

I made a side opening A6 size Very Vanilla card, stamped the sentiment and then added score lines with my fabby new tool, the Simply Scored.  I then stamped, punched and fussy cut a load of buttons - I did go a bit button barmy LOL!  I glued most of the buttons flat but popped a few up.


More buttons on the inside and envelope finished everything off.


Please do give this challenge a try, I'd love to come and see what you make with this interesting colour combo!  Don't forget, you can substitute similar colours if you don't have the exact SU! colours listed.  If you don't have a blog you can send an entry by email - we're a very flexible bunch you know!  We just ask that you use one main SU! product in your project - a stamp, punch, die or patterned paper, for example.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Button Button & Curly Cute sets
CS: SU! Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Tangerine Tango, Cherry Cobbler & Tempting Turquoise
Tools: SU! 3/4" & 1" circle punches, SU! Simply Scored
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals



Photobucket

4 comments:

kelly said...

LOVE IT!!! The buttons look fab, like some one needed one in a hurry and tipped them out to find the perfect one!
Kelly xx

Mynn xx said...

I keep thinking I'll never use that set...and then I see AMAZING cards like this and I WANT it!!! GORGEOUS colors and fabulous dry embossing!!! :)

Kirei said...

The buttons are perfect in the bright colours Ruth, using them on the plain background really makes them pop! Kirei x

Margaret said...

What a great way to use all of those colors together! The scored lines add such elegance and great texture!

01 09 10