Saturday 9 June 2012

All White Christmas Cards - 52 CCT Colour Challenge

This week at the 52 CCT blog the colour challenge is to make all white cards.  Lovely - white on white cards are always so appealing to me!  You do need to keep your hands clean though if you want to keep your card pristine!

I embossed a piece of white CS with the Sizzix 'Snowflake & Snowballs' embossing folder, trimmed it to size and adhered it to the front of an A6 white card.  I really wanted to keep my card an all white affair and not use any ink at all but that poses a problem if you want a sentiment.  However, I remembered that I have a Crafts Too 'Small Alphabet' embossing folder so I used that to make my 'Merry Christmas'.  I punched out the embossed letter circles (the Woodware orange 5/8" circle punch is the perfect size) and glued them to the card.  In order to fit 'Christmas' onto the panel I had to arrange the letters haphazardly.  To finish off the card front I added pearls to the embossed snowflake.

 For the inside of the card and envelope I used a snowflake Cut 'n Emboss die.

 

Hmmm, it seems as if my Christmas embossing folder collection has grown more than I'd realised!  I thought this all white challenge was the perfect opportunity to use a couple more folders to make a second white on white card - but I have also used some silver on this one.  I embossed white CS with the 'Snowflake Banner' folder, trimmed the panel to size and added some white organdy ribbon.  I used another folder and cut out just one bauble from the embossed design.  I added a rhinestone brad and a couple of jewels and popped the bauble up.


I stamped a sentiment, heat embossed it with silver powder and used circle punches to mat and layer it.  I've added small punched snowflakes and put a larger punched snowflake on the envelope flap.


I do hope you'll join in with this all white challenge, I'm looking forward to seeing your cards!  Don't forget there is a DT call on too - please don't be shy, apply for a spot on our friendly team!

Supplies for Merry Christmas card:
Stamps: None
CS: PTI white CS
Ink: None
Tools: Sizzix 'Snowflake & Snowballs' & Crafts Too 'Small Alphabet' embossing folders, Woodware 5/8" circle punch, Ellison Design Snowflake #1 Cut 'n Emboss die
Embellishments & accessories: pearls

Supplies for bauble card:
Stamps: sentiment from Penny Black
CS: PTI white CS, SU! Brushed Silver
Ink: Encore silver pigment ink
Tools: Crafts Too 'Snowflake Banner' & PaperMania 'Baubles' embossing folders, 1 3/4" & 2" circle punches, Woodware small snowflake punch, XCut snowflake punch
Embellishments & accessories: silver EP, SU! white organdy ribbon, rhinestone brad, rhinestone jewels, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

YES!!!!! Fabulous cards, Ruth! LOVE the use of the different embossing folders--and I adore the pearls on your snowflake! :) Fabulous cards!!!

Kirei said...

Hi Ruth, love your blog so have given you a blog award! See my blog for details. Kirei x

Margaret said...

Two beautiful cards! I love how they can be both simple and elegant at the same time!!

Julie said...

Great cards, great embossing and how nice to see matching envelopes. Lovely!

01 09 10