Monday 9 January 2012

Red & White Wedding Card For David & Marie

Kath, my very good friend and neighbour, asked me to make a wedding card for her son's wedding which was back in December.  Whenever I'm commissioned to make a card I really want to make something special and I haven't made a wedding card in ages - so I found this a bit nerve wracking to say the least!  The wedding colours were red and white and so I went with those colours for the card.  Because I hadn't made a wedding card for such a long time I decided to look around the web for some inspiration.  A lovely card made by Karen caught my eye on Pinterest and so I used that as my inspiration.  Karen's lovely card can be seen here on her blog post.

I made a Real Red 5 3/4" square card base and added a black mat.  I then decorated the white panel before adhering it to the black mat - making sure everything was perfect first!  I stamped the Medallion in Real Red ink.  I used the gorgeous heart stamp from the retired SU! Always set and the matching Always in Bloom wheel.  The elegant Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder was ideal for a wedding card I thought so I embossed my red strip with that and layered it on a black mat.  I embossed the hearts with white embossing powder and cut them out.  I stamped the wheel in Real Red ink on Whisper White CS and punched out a circle which I matted on red and black layers to cover the Medallion centre.  I computer generated the sentiment using the Nuptial BT font, stamped the wheel above and below the words, punched it out with the Decorative Label punch and added a red mat.   I placed two punched butterflies on the circle and blinged them with Swarovski crystals.  The sentiment and hearts were popped up and I used a ticket corner punch on the white panel before attaching it to the black mat.  I then blinged the corners with more crystals.


I stamped the wheel and added a sentiment to a white panel before gluing that to the inside of the card.  The envelope flap got the gorgeous heart image.


This last photo shows how I decorated the front of the envelope with the stamped wheel, a CS strip and a punched eyelet border.


I liked how the card turned out and I'm very happy to say that Kath liked it too, phew, what a relief!

Huge thanks to Karen for providing the inspiration for this card!  I was a bit dubious about joining Pinterest at first 'cos I could tell I could waste huge amounts of time if I wasn't disciplined!  However, I'm loving it now for getting ideas.  I like how I can store stuff on boards instead of in favourites files which means I can always find the card instead of trying to remember the name of the blog I favourited or where I stored the card photo.  If my computer crashes I won't lose anything 'cos it's stored on a website  Plus the card is usually linked to the post on the original creators blog so I can give credit.  It's a lovely surprise when I see one of my own cards that someone else has pinned - and  when I see cards from other bloggers I know.  If I need a chuckle the humor section is always worth checking out.  As well as cards I've seen lots of other useful and interesting ideas - home decor, storage solutions and hand made gifts for example.  I'm wanting to try a home made sugar scrub for sure!  I have CASEd quite a few cards I've pinned on Pinterest so it seems to be working successfully for me so far.  I've now added a Pinterest button to my blog sidebar - you'll see my boards if you click on it.  I really enjoy it and would recommend it - with caution - it CAN suck a LOT of time if you're not careful LOL!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Always set & Always in Bloom wheel, sentiment from Penny Black
CS: SU! Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White
 Ink: SU! Real Red, VersaMark & Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Circle Nestabilities dies, SU! Decorative Label & Ticket Corner punches, SU! Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Martha Stewart butterflies punch
Embellishments & accessories: Swarovski clear crystals, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

4 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful!! I love it and the colors are great. Thanks for linking to me! :)

kelly said...

wow Ruth this card is amazing!!! You always go the extra mile with your details. I'm sure the happy couple loved it!
Kelly xx

Margaret said...

This is gorgeous and perfect for a wedding or Valentines! Beautiful work!

Theresa said...

This is such a pretty card. I am sure they will like it.

01 09 10